Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Gift of Peace

I made this card for my upcoming class. I teach beginning and seasoned stampers so I try to make it work for both! I used Penny Black stamps - 4102k snow dust, 4117h the gift of peace and 3892k snow scroll.
Stamp the trees with Versamark and emboss with white. The words were stamped with versafine black and embossed with clear. I used Distress inks in - bundled sage, forest moss and tumbled glass. With these I took daubers to the pads and then gently rubbed color around the edges and in the trees to give depth. Stamp the scrolls on the red c/s with versamark and emboss with clear. Assemble card. Take a red brush marker and make dots randomly on the trees. Add xmas red stickles to the red dots. The stickles pulls the red color into the glue and gives it more solid color.
DONE!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. The white embossing is so elegant against the distressed ink. You've inspired me to reach for my white embossing powder!
    I enjoyed your "spotlight" section on the Penny Black blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stickle tip Angela. Love seeing you on the blog today and I can't wait for all of the bloggers to get to know you. You are sooooo talented. Hugs,kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,
    I need to get your email. Until then I thought this would be the most direct way to your inbox. I actually do have another use for the stamp too but, gave up on it so if you could send it tomorrow that will be awesome!!!!!! You are so wonderful :) Do you want it back??? My email is kathyrac@mac.com
    Sorry I always having you looking up numbers...and if you want do throw in a doodle.....just kiddin :) thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...