Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Starting Faces

So this is how I usually start drawing one of my many faces. I start out with an oval, then draw a center line vertically and horizontally. This helps me place where the eyes will go. When your face is tilted or turned to the side I like to curve the lines with the face as in the face on the left. After you make the two lines, start drawing a line between those and the sides and top of the face to make 1/4's. You can draw your mouth on the bottom quarter. Draw a line between the eyes and the mouth depending how long or short you want your nose. Then a line between your eyes and the top quarter you have your eyebrows.
I like to keep my eyebrows, nose and mouth in alignment.
You can start trimming the face down to give it curves like cheek bones, a skinny or wide chin and personallity. I curve in a bit into the sides of the eyes.
I am no expert but this is what I have taken from watching other people and this is how I do it so I hope it helps you. Hopefully it all makes sense. If you have questions let mem know!
Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Angela. Very helpful! I will use this "grid" when planning my next drawing. I think this will help me align my facial features more accurately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...